Careers at Starr
Starr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Starr employs 135 employees in both full-time and part-time capacities. Our office is located at 2531 East State Street Extension in Mercerville, NJ. Our location offers easy access from main thoroughfares such as NJ Route #295 (Exit #65B) and Route 1 (Exit Whitehead Road). Office hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
Starr is always looking for dedicated and talented individuals to join our office team, especially if you have had experience in the travel industry. Positions include: Sales, Operations, Accounting, Dispatch, and Administrative.
Starr is NOW looking for qualified, experienced drivers for full time and part-time/seasonal positions. See the country, meet wonderful people, and work for a terrific company! Click here to watch this video about becoming a driver.
Charter & Tour Bus Driver Job Description
- $3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus (Full Time Drivers)
- CDL license is required
- Must be at least 21 years old and must pass a DOT physical and drug and alcohol screening
- Candidates must have clean driving & criminal record.
- Passenger & Air Brake Endorsements a plus
- Truck and large vehicle drivers should apply.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Provide the customer with excellent customer service.
- Be prepared with directions and itinerary details to ensure a smooth trip.
- Share valuable information with the customer while traveling.
- Assist passengers while entering and exiting the motor coach.
- Provide assistance to any customer in need.
- Be able to lift and store up to 56 pieces of luggage – (each piece could weigh up to 50 lbs)
- Load luggage into bays underneath bus
- Work as a team with the Tour Director
- Complete all needed paperwork for the tour.
- Provide completed logs, daily inspection reports and any other information needed to ensure that you stay in compliance with DOT regulations & CSA BASICS.
- Respond to renew CDL licenses, physicals, finger printing, drug screening, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the equipment and its operation
- Make safety judgments independently
- Must understand and display proper defensive driving techniques
- Must be able to drive up to 10 hrs and up to 15 hrs combined driving and on-duty during a shift
- Follow all emergency and accident procedures
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections
- Safely operate wheelchair lift equipped coaches
Full Time Benefits Include:
- Premium Union Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription
- Union Pension
- Paid Holidays, Personal days and Vacations
- Paid training available
- Truck/Motor Coach/Bus: 1 year
Get started by submitting your pre-screening application:
Starr hires experienced mechanics for full time positions. CDL’s preferred. If you have diesel experience working on large vehicles, you may apply. Full time positions carry an excellent union benefits package through Teamsters Local #35.
- $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus (Full Time Mechanics)
Starr is now looking for energetic, detail oriented, friendly individuals for Part-Time Seasonal Employment.
Strong Customer Service, Great Communication Skills, Destination Knowledge, Love of Travel and computer skills desirable.
- You will represent Starr and work with our onsite vendors & suppliers by accompanying bus groups to all restaurants and sites on the tour itinerary and staying with them overnight at their hotel if on a multi-day trip.
- You will be charged with bringing the destination to life by leading the group and providing historical, factual and/or fun facts about the destination to enhance the customer experience.
- You will be required to prepare local destination knowledge in order to suggest local activities for free time periods not included in the itinerary.
- You will be required to independently research specific destinations in order to be the onsite expert for the group.
- You will be responsible for welfare of the passengers, accommodating passenger needs and concerns & providing entertainment
- You will act in partnership with driver to ensure that the itinerary is executes as flawlessly and safely as possible. Demonstrate strong teamwork to support the tour itself as well as the customers’ needs.
- Should problems arise while on tour, you, the Tour Director must maintain a calm, professional demeanor, keep the passengers and the Office informed of the situation, and assist the Driver as needed.
Direct all employment inquiries to Human Resources via:
Phone: 609-587-0626 ext. 1220