Careers at Starr
Starr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Starr employs 135 employees in both full-time and part-time capacities. Our office is located at 2531 East State Street Extension in Mercerville, NJ. Our location offers easy access from main thoroughfares such as NJ Route #295 (Exit #65B) and Route 1 (Exit Whitehead Road). Office hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
Starr is always looking for dedicated and talented individuals to join our office team, especially if you have had experience in the travel industry. Positions include: Sales, Operations, Accounting, Dispatch, and Administrative.
Starr is actively looking for talented individuals interested in full time and part-time positions as a motorcoach bus driver. Both CDL and non-CDL applicants should apply! See the country, meet wonderful people, drive top of the line vehicles, and work for a terrific company!
- $5,000 hiring bonus! (Full Time Drivers)
- $1,500 hiring bonus! (Part Time Drivers)
- Starr offers FREE Tuition to CDL B Driving School for non CDL holders! ** A $3,000 Value**
- Paid training.
About the Position
As a Starr motorcoach driver, you will join our team of highly trained professionals who expertly and safely operate our beautiful fleet of Prevost motorcoaches. In addition to operating the motorcoach, our drivers serve as primary contact with our valued passengers. Providing the ultimate in safety and service has been the hallmark of Starr for over 70 years.
Starr drivers operate trips for both our charter and tour customers. When working on Starr Tours, you will typically work with a tour director, and travel to various destinations along the east coast and Canada including Nova Scotia, Niagara Falls, Cape Cod, Boston, New York, Washington DC, Savannah, and Orlando to name a few. When servicing our charter clients you’ll be working with sports teams, universities, schools, as well as private corporations. No matter the group of passengers, you’ll find it a rewarding experience to safely get them from departure to destination.
At Starr, we value every team member’s contribution. We know it takes every member of our team to deliver the best experience in the business, and we want you to be part of that team.
Benefits (for full time drivers)
- Best benefits in the business!
- Comprehensive, top-of-the-line, full family medical, dental, vision, prescription, and retirement/pension plans.
- Paid Holidays, Personal Days and Vacations
- Paid Training
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Good driving record.
- At least 21 years old.
- Pass DOT physical, and drug and alcohol screening.
Get started by submitting your pre-screening application:
Starr is always looking for energetic, detail oriented, friendly individuals for Part-Time Seasonal Employment.
Strong Customer Service, Great Communication Skills, Destination Knowledge, Love of Travel and computer skills desirable.
- You will represent Starr and work with our onsite vendors & suppliers by accompanying bus groups to all restaurants and sites on the tour itinerary and staying with them overnight at their hotel if on a multi-day trip.
- You will be charged with bringing the destination to life by leading the group and providing historical, factual and/or fun facts about the destination to enhance the customer experience.
- You will be required to prepare local destination knowledge in order to suggest local activities for free time periods not included in the itinerary.
- You will be required to independently research specific destinations in order to be the onsite expert for the group.
- You will be responsible for welfare of the passengers, accommodating passenger needs and concerns & providing entertainment
- You will act in partnership with the driver to ensure that the itinerary is executed as flawlessly and safely as possible. Demonstrate strong teamwork to support the tour itself as well as the customers’ needs.
- Should problems arise while on tour, you, the Tour Director must maintain a calm, professional demeanor, keep the passengers and the Office informed of the situation, and assist the Driver as needed.
Direct all employment inquiries to Human Resources via:
Phone: 609-587-0626 ext. 1220
Email: [email protected]