Clean Care, Our Commitment to You
Clean Care, developed in partnership with Commercial Cleaning Corporation, has been carefully designed in accordance with the most up-to-date CDC recommendations. The result is a unique program created to exceed your onboard expectations. Take a look!
From electrostatic disinfection to enhanced cleaning techniques, Clean Care is our commitment to you to make sure your trip is clean and comfortable, putting you at ease for your time with us.
Every motorcoach is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using EPA approved agents before and after every use.
- Special focus on disinfecting high touch points such as entrance area handrails, parcel rack handrails and door latches
- Headrests, armrests, seat belts and seat accessories
- All surfaces in the restroom, including door handles
- All surfaces within the driver’s area
- Every 14 days, each coach interior will be completely disinfected using Electrostatic Spray Technology
Onboard air quality you can rely on.
- All cabin air completely exchanged with fresh, outside air approximately every 10 minutes
- HVAC system filters recirculated air with MERV 7 or higher rated filter media, removing respiratory droplets
- Starr Drivers and passengers are required to wear a face covering while onboard the motorcoach.
- Maintain physical distancing as you enter and exit the coach
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at the front and rear of coach
- PLEASE do not have anyone in your group travel if sick
Ride With Confidence
- We consistently comply with guidance as provided by our industry associations as well as the CDC, WHO and local governments
- Our Drivers, Technicians and Staff have been trained in best practices, including boarding and baggage handling.
- Our additional investments in intensified cleaning and protection help ensure a sanitary environment
Enhanced On-The-Road Procedures
While it’s important that we make sure our coaches are clean and ready for you when you first step on, we’ve also ramped up our standard efforts to keep them clean when you are on your multi-day trips in the following ways:
We’re providing extra hand sanitizer, and encouraging all our passengers to actively keep their hands clean and germ free.
We’re also encouraging everyone to bring their own sanitizer and wipes for any areas they would like to further treat.
Every motorcoach has been equipped with a “Cleaning Go Kit” and our drivers will be performing an extra cleaning on a daily basis. This Cleaning Go Kit contains the same Fight Bac RTU solution used when the coaches are home, and during this daily service, all high touch surfaces will be treated.
A Look At Our Standard Cleaning Procedures
First, it’s important to know that every time a bus returns to the yard, and prior to going out on its next trip, it is professionally cleaned. To provide this service, Starr has an important partnership with Commercial Cleaning Corporation. Besides working with Starr, Commercial Cleaning Corporation provides services to critical facilities such as hospitals and schools. Together, we have developed Clean Care, a new, enhanced protocol for further ensuring all the Starr buses you travel on are clean and disinfected. Clean Care also encompasses new procedures while our buses are on the road for during multi-day trips.
Do your motorcoaches have filtered air?
Yes, all Starr motorcoaches have a 2 stage air filtration system equipped with MERV 7 or higher rated filter media. Additionally all cabin air is completely exchanged with fresh, outside air approximately every 10 minutes.
Are the products you are cleaning the coaches with safe? Do they leave a residue?
Rest assured that the products we are using are EPA approved and completely safe and effective. There are many companies out there claiming their products can do things that they simply cannot do. We, along with our cleaning company, have selected the appropriate products, all with official Safety Data Sheets for the United States. Additionally, these products do not leave a residue on hard or soft surfaces such as our seats.
All commonly high touch areas will be treated with Fight Bac RTU, which is a broad spectrum disinfectant. It is quaternary based, anti-bacterial cleaner ideal for this application.
> See details on Fight Bac RTU here.
Is there a smell associated with the products you are using?
The Fight Bac RTU solution does have a mild citrus fragrance, but it does not smell like bleach and will likely not be noticeable as you are riding on the coaches. The solution used for the Electrostatic Treatment does not have an odor and in fact a nice side effect is that it eliminates any odors that might be present.